Himachal Pradesh Backpacking trip includes some of the best locations to visit in Himachal such as Bir, Mcleodganj, Kasol, Manali. Wander through the curvy roads and take vibrant photos at every Insta-worthy location, while you experience Himachal like you never did before.
Himachal has a strong takeaway from Tibetan culture and you would feel the strong presence of a deep-rooted Tibetan culture throughout the whole state. Also, Himachal Pradesh had provided shelter to the Tibetan refugees during the Tibetan uprising and there is a famous Dalai Lama temple in Mcleodganj, which had been visited quite a few times by Dalai Lama itself.
While Himachal is famous for its hill station and its tourist-friendly environment, each hill station itself has its own significance. Manali is famous for its adventure sports while Kasol is famous for its generous people and breathtaking views.
Apart from those, Kasol is famous for the Kheergaga trek, which is a major attraction and it’s mostly on everyone’s Himachal itinerary. Bir is the highest paragliding site in Asia also a perfect place for a long nature walk or reading a book and drinking coffee while enjoying nature at its best.
The best time to visit Himachal Pradesh is during the months of March to June and September to February. During these months, the Himachal had already received heavy rainfall and the weather in Himachal return to its best state.
Day 0: Overnight Travel from Delhi to Bir
Day 1: Reach Bir. Sightseeing and Night Stay
Day 2: Early Morning Paragliding. Depart for Mcleodganj
Day 3: Mcleodganj local sightseeing. Depart for Kasol
Day 4: Chalal & Manikaran Gurudwara Sahib
Day 5: Trek to Kheerganga
Day 6: Depart for Manali
Day 7: Manali local sightseeing
Day 8: Day at Leisure. Depart for Delhi
Day 9: Reach Delhi
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1: Bir Sightseeing | Camping at Billing
- Leave from Delhi at 08:30 P.M. (Day 0) and reach Bir the next morning.
- After having breakfast, explore the local village of Bir.
- Visit the Chokling Monastery, Nyingyang Monastery, Bir Local market for some shopping and explore some of the local restaurants/cafes for some Tibetan cuisine.
- After having Lunch at Bir, start your journey to Billing.
- Reach Billing by evening and enjoy the beautiful sunset in the Mountains.
- Dinner at Bonfire and overnight camping at Billing under the sky studded with stars.
Day 2: Paragliding |
McLeod Ganj Cafe Hopping
- Wake up early morning and after having breakfast set yourself up for the FLY of your Life.
- Reach Bir by afternoon & depart for McLeod Ganj.
- After reaching McLeod Ganj check in to the hotel, freshen up & rest for some time.
- Enjoy the Christmas Festivities, cafe hopping & chill around.
- Come back to the hotel by night.
- Dinner & sleep overnight.
Day 3: McLeod Ganj Local Sightseeing |
Departure for Kasol
- After having breakfast and some leisure, head out for the local sightseeing of Mcleod Ganj.
- Visit the very famous Dalai Lama Temple, Bhagsu waterfall, and Bhagsunath temple.
- Spend your evening at the local market of Mcleod Ganj, chilling around in the local cafes, trying different Tibetan cuisine.
- Depart for Kasol (overnight journey to Kasol) by evening.
Day 4: Chalal | Manikaran Gurudwara Sahib
- Reach Kasol by morning & check in to the hotel/campsite.
- After having breakfast and some leisure, you can self-explore Kasol.
- Go for the Riverwalk (besides the Parvati River), spend some time in the calmness and serenity of Parvati valley.
- Visit Manikaran Gurudwara Sahib.
- Go for the Chalal trek in the evening.
- Come back to the hotel/camps by evening.
- You can also visit the local market and explore the famous Israeli’s Cafe’s like Little Italy, Jim Morrisson Cafe.
- Dinner & sleep overnight at the hotel.
Day 5: Trek to Kheerganga
- Wake up early morning and after having breakfast, head for Kheerganga.
- Trek will start from a village called Barsheni (22km for Kasol) and you will be transferred to Barsheni in private vehicles.
- The Trek Trail of Kheerganga is 12kms with a moderate difficulty level.
- Enjoy your walk in the heart of beautiful Parvati Valley with a stunning view of snowcapped mountains all around.
- Reach Kheerganga by evening.
- Have your dinner at a bonfire under the sky studded with stars.
- Sleep Overnight in the camps and have an experience of a lifetime.
Day 6: Manali Transfer
- Wake up early morning to see a beautiful sunrise and after having breakfast head for the hot water stream bath.
- Take a dip and clean your body physically and spiritually.
- Visit the very famous Shiv Mandir (the last of this region) and enjoy the calmness and peacefulness of this place.
- Trek your way down to Barsheni and reach Kasol.
- Depart for Manali.
- Reach Manali by evening.
- Check In to the hotel, freshen up & relax.
- Dinner and sleep overnight.
Day 7: Manali Local Sightseeing
- Wake up and have breakfast at hotel.
- Go for the local sightseeing of Manali.
- Places to Visit – Vashishth Temple, Jogni Falls, hidamba Temple, Mall Road.
- Come back by evening, stroll through the streets of Old Manali and check out different Hippie Cafe’s.
- Come back to hotel & sleep overnight.
Day 8: Departure
- Wake up lazy morning and after having breakfast explore more of the local market of Manali for some final shopping.
- Head back to Delhi by evening with some amazing trip memories.
- Reach Delhi the next day(Day 9) morning.
COST OF THE TRIP
INR 19,999/- Per Head on Triple Sharing Basis (EMI Option available)
- Entire travel as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation for 7 nights – 1 night in camps at Bir Billing, 2 nights in a hotel at McLeod Ganj, 1 night in a hotel at Kasol, 1 night in camps at Kheerganga & 2 nights in a hotel at Manali on Triple Sharing.
- A total of 12 meals – 2 meals on Day1 (B+D) + 2 meals on Day2 (B+D) + 1 meal Day3 (B) + 2 meals Day4 (B+D) + 2 meals Day5 (B+D) + 1 meal Day6 (B) + 1 meal Day7 (B) + 1 meal Day8 (B)
- Team Captain throughout the trip.
- Trek from Bir to Billing.
- Trek from Barshaini to Kheerganga.
- Trek to Bhagsu Falls & Shiva Cafe.
- Bonfire at Billing.
- Old Manali Cafe hopping.
- Driver Night Charges’, permits, toll and parking charges
- GST (5%) is applicable extra.
- Any other Food and Beverage charge that is not included in the package.
- Charges for Video/photos while paragliding or tips to glider, guide, helper, cook, or any other staff member or any monument/viewpoint entry fee.
- Any other costing involved due to any kind of natural calamity forced circumstances that are out of our control.
- Any other expense not mentioned above.
Terms & Conditions
1. All bookings are strictly subject to availability and confirmation by payment of the non-refundable advance.
2. No boarding without Govt. approved ID.
3. We reserve the rights for cancellation of the particular person not following the instructions of our tour coordinator during any activity
4. Booking will be confirmed after receiving the registration amount.
5. Departure time is given and fixed. You have to report by that time. It’s on you to update your status to the trip coordinator. Anyone missing the bus will not be entertained for refund.
6. No pickup or drop will be made on route.
7. Any meal, activity, or service not availed by the client will not be adjusted in the package cost and are non-refundable under any circumstances.
8. In the hilly terrain, all the systems of the vehicle like air conditioning, sound system etc will be at the discretion of the driver of the veicle. The focus will always be on safety.
9. We shall not be responsible for any delays and alterations in the program or expenses incurred directly or indirectly due to natural hazards, accidents or breakdown of machinery.
10. Management shall not take responsibility for any of the lost items during the trip.
11. Tripease reserves all the rights to change/modify any schedule in the interest of safety, comfort, and general well-being