Places Covered – Shimla 2 Nights and Manali 3 Nights
‘Himalayas in Himachal’ or one must say Himachal in Himalayas. ‘Him’ in Hindi literally means ice or snow and ‘alaya’ means home, which makes Himalayas ‘The Home of Snow’ and from there Himachal gets its name meaning ‘Land of Snow’. The Himalayas, fulfilling its promise, are a reservoir of immense amount of ‘Him’ in the forms of Ice, Fresh and Underground Water. And the seeping of this moisture originates a number of rivers, which flows through the land of Himachal, namely Sutlej, Beas, Ravi, Chenab and Yamuna. It is also the reason of dozens of lakes that covered Himachal Pradesh. From the underground waters to the peak of mountains, Himalayas has blessed Himachal with great natural riches. In between, the Passes, the Valleys and the Hot Springs are also the gifts of Himalaya to Himachal.
- Daily departures from Delhi and Chandigarh.
- Sightseeing of all major places in Manali
• Tripease Best price guarantee
Day Wise Itinerary:
DAY 1: Departure from Delhi / Chandigarh to Shimla (360 Kms. 10 Hrs.)
- Drive to Shimla from Delhi. Shimla, a very popular holiday-retreat is well-known for its Victorian architecture, which is reflected in certain areas of the Mall and The Ridge.
- It is also a famous holiday spot for honeymooners. It is Himachal’s capital is strung with steep forested hillsides falling away in all directions and it echoes its past role in British India.
- On your way, visit Pinjore Gardens, also known as Yadavindra Gardens where you could stroll along the stretch of water fountains, which are heavily lined with cypress, palm trees and flowerbeds. You could also choose to have lunch (own expense).
- Upon arrival at Shimla, check in at the hotel. Dinner. After the check-in formalities, you can relax and enjoy the basic amenities and services of the hotel; later, enjoy a delectable dinner at the hotel.
DAY 2: Excursion to Kufri & Sightseeing in Shimla
- After breakfast, you would be picked up from the hotel’s lobby for a half-day excursion to Kufri – a small picturesque hill station at the foothills of Himalayas and is known for its pleasing climate and scenic beauty. It has a prime attraction with exquisite nature parks and the duration of the transfer would be around 1 hour.
- Visit the Indira Bungalow which provides panoramic views of the location. Next, head up to the Himalayan Zoo which is home to birds and animals, like rare antelopes, deer, bears and snow leopards. It is adorned with the optimum forestation, which contributes substantially to the breath-taking scenery. You could also take a hike or a pony (own expense) up to Mashu Peak, which is the highest peak in the Kufri.
- Later, in the afternoon, return to Shimla and buzzing with activity throughout the day, so Mall Road would be the perfect place to relax and enjoy yourself. Its main attraction includes Shimla Church, contains some moving Raj-era memorials and typical Victorian stained glasses. Next, visit the Scandal Point and the Gaiety Theatre – a lovely Victorian theatre that is splendidly restored. Also visit the Town Hall which is at the centre and is oddly reminiscent of the mansion in Hammer Horror films.
Note: The vehicle will drop you till the Mall Road as per the Himachal Tourism Policy.
Later, return to the hotel for a delicious dinner and for an overnight stay.
DAY 3: Arrival in Manali
- After a scrumptious breakfast, you would check-out from the hotel and depart for Manali, where you would be able to enjoy the mountain valleys and the scenic beauty of the place.
- The duration of the transfer would be around 8-10 hours. You would drive past Beas-Sutlej Link project, Pandoh Dam & Kullu Valley.
- The Pandoh Dam is situated on the river Beas and the site is a paradise to view the mighty Himalayan ranges; Kullu Valley – known as the ‘Valley of Gods’ and it is surrounded with cluster of beautiful valleys.
- The main attractions of this valley are the snow-clad mountains towering over Deodar jungles, rivers and apple orchards.
- On your way, you would have a delicious lunch (own expense).
- Next, you would reach Manali, which would help you experience high peaks in the beautiful green valley of the Beas River with mountain adventures beckoning from all directions.
- Later, check-in to your hotel and enjoy the basic amenities at the hotel and enjoy a delectable dinner with a comfortable overnight stay.
DAY 4: Sightseeing In Manali
- After breakfast, enjoy half day sightseeing of Manali. Visit Vashishtha Kund & Hidimba Temple.
- In the afternoon, you may want to indulge in some local shopping of Manali. It is famous for woolen stuff and artifacts.
- You would return back to the hotel. Dinner and overnight stay at Manali hotel
DAY 5: Manali & Excursion to Solang Valley
After an early breakfast, you would be picked up from the hotel’s lobby for a half-day excursion to Solang valley.
- The Solang Valley – situated between Beas Kund and Solang village. It is particularly a pictorial spot presenting awesome scenery of snow clad mountains and glaciers.
- This place is also known for adventurous sports like parachuting, skating/skiing, zorbing and paragliding (own expense).
- In the evening, you would return back to the hotel and have a delectable dinner with a comfortable overnight stay in the hotel.
Note: All the adventure sports at Solang Valley/ Snow point are on direct payment basis
Rohtang sightseeing is not included in the Holiday Services (can be booked on direct payment basis)
DAY 6: Transfer to Delhi / Chandigarh
After a scrumptious breakfast in the hotel, you would check-out from the hotel and would be driven to Delhi.
You would end your tour at Drop point in Delhi with sweet memories.
- Chauffer driven Indigo up to 3 people and Innova for 4-6 people for pick up, drop and sightseeing as per itinerary.
- Hotel accommodation on twin/ double sharing basis
- 5 Breakfasts and 5 Dinners at Hotel.
- Cab from Delhi / Chandigarh
- All toll taxes, state taxes, parking fees